If you’re a Kroger shopper, you’ll want to cook with chicken this week. The Kroger Value Chicken whole, drumsticks or thighs are only $0.88/lb, which is a 40% savings over the normal price. Other great, discounted options are the pork loin at $1.99/lb (a 30%-plus savings) and Ground Beef at $2.69/lb (a 25%-plus savings). Here’s the beginning of a meal plan….
- Monday: Pasta W/ Classico Fire roasted Tomato & Garlic pasta sauce with ground meat and mushrooms from recipes.sparkpeople.com (Classico pasta sauce 50% off; Ground Beef 25% off)
- Tuesday: Slow cooker pulled pork from allrecipes.com (Pork Loin $1.99/lb)
- Wednesday: Skinny Chicken Pot Pie from tablespoon.com (Chicken $0.88/lb; Pillsbury Rolls 2/$1.00 and save more with 12/9 S coupon)
…and you can fill in the rest of the days. Here are some other recipe ideas you can mix and match from using what’s on sale at Krogers this week. As always, make sure you write out on your own meal plan so that you stay on track for the week. You can find a free meal plan to print from at the bottom of this post. Plus, print the shopping list before you go to the store so you don’t over-buy!
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Legs from whatmegansmaking.com
- Roasted Chicken thigh with zucchini and couscous from marthastewart.com
- Applesauce Pork Loin Roast from tasteofhome.com
- Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce from SimplyRecipes.com