It’s Valentine’s Day week! Will you be cooking for your loved one on Thursday? If so, Kroger’s has some good deal on steak and shrimp so you can make it an extra special meal. Hands down, the shrimp ring (buy one get one) is the best deal at only $5.00, it’s a 50% savings. Other proteins on sale this week at a decent savings are the Chicken Breast or Thigh ($1.99/lb, a 30%-plus savings) and Pork Tenderloin ($2.99/lb, a 25% savings). If you decide to go with pasta, check out the Rago, it’s on sale at $1.66 and if you use a coupon 1/27 R1) you will save 35%-plus.
Here’s the beginning of a meal plan and a few other ideas to get you started for the week. As always, feel free to mix-and-match these ideas, and if you’d like share what you plan to make! Also, don’t forget to print the grocery shopping list and meal planner at the bottom of the post.
- Monday: Slow-Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken from foodiewithfamily.com (Chicken Thighs – $1.99/lb – a 30%-plus savings)
- Tuesday: Grilled Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin from 100daysofrealfood.com (Pork Tenderloin $2.99/lb – a 25% savings)
- Wednesday: Spaghetti from thepioneerwoman.com (Ragu – the secret ingredient in the recipe – 3/$5 and save more with 1/27 R1 coupon)
You can fill in the rest of the days, but I have listed a few other great recipes to consider making for the week.
- Baja Fish Tacos from Health.com
- Juiciest Hamburgers Ever from allrecipes.com
- Chicken & Corn Hash Bake from midwestliving.com (Fresh Sweet Corn $0.38 each)