Valentine’s Day is only two days away! Do you know what you’re doing for that special someone? My husband loves chocolate covered strawberries, so that’s one of the things I plan to make for him. These bite-sized desserts are awesome because they’re so easy to make, but I admit I used to always have a frustration with them because I could never figure out how to get the chocolate to dry without setting them down and ruining one side of them. A few years ago I discovered a trick on how to make them look like they’re store-bought…an upside-down styrofoam bowl! Here’s a quick tutorial on what I do when making these treats, but I’m always looking for other ideas so please share if you have another idea!
1. Wash and dry strawberries. Place a toothpick into the stem of each strawberry.
2. In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate. Stir every 20-seconds until chocolate is smooth.
3. Holding the toothpick, dip the strawberry into the melted chocolate.
4. Poke the open end of the toothpick in an upside-down styrofoam bowl. Depending on the size of the strawberry, I can usually put about four chocolate covered strawberries on each bowl.
5. Chill in the refrigerator until hardened.